Frequently Asked Questions
+ The Experience
Paragliding is one of the purest forms of flight, which you'll quickly fall in love with as the wind blows through your hair and the majesty of the Southern Alps opens up around you.
We have beautiful panoramic views of Mount Aspiring, Lake Wanaka and the surrounding valleys, along with the highest top to bottom paragliding flight in New Zealand.
Your pilot will brief you on the takeoff, and after pre-flight checks and a few easy steps, you will be airborn and flying like a bird. Explore the Twin Falls and soar over the Matukituki valley taking in the beautiful surrounding landscape.
A choice of a gentle descent to the valley, or for the thrill seekers, a more exciting aerobatic desscent before landing softly by your car at the bottom.
+ Flight Trip & Duration
We fly from the bottom of Treble Cone Ski area, 800m above the valley. Our flight time ranges from 10-20 minutes depending on conditions, time of day and your chosen descent method.
The entire trip takes 2 hours from Wanaka back to Wanaka or 1 hour from the time we'll meet at the Landing Zone at Treble Cone.
If it isn't safe to fly, we do not fly - ever.
Our tandem pilots are some of the most experienced pilots in the world, and are all about giving you the best possible experience.
We thoroughly evaluate the weather before each flight, and discuss with you what you would like to get out of the flying experience.
Whether it is a gentle scenic flight, a taste of aerobatics, or a mix of both, we ensure the flight is suited to you.
We are 100% certified by the New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority, and follow strict regulations to ensure the safety of our equipment, pilots and the entire flying experience.
+ The Best Time To Fly
Treble Cone faces to the east and catches the first sunlight of the day. Because of this we have our best flying conditions in the morning.
On most days we are able to fly right up until our last rotation at around 3:00pm, but if you are able to come out earlier in the day, you will have a higher garuntee that the weather allows you to fly.
+ Need To Know
- What to bring : Warm clothing, sunglasses and practical footwear are reccomended. We will provide gloves and a helmet.
- Transport : Our meeting point is 25 minutes drive from Wanaka, alternatively we offer a pick up service for an extra $40.
- Spectators : Friends and family are welcome to come for a ride up to the takeoff subject to capacity in the van. Otherwise we have chairs in our landing field and terrific views.
- Photos : Our pilots will capture a range of high quality photos and videos in flight. These are avaliable to purchase for $60 after landing, and can be downloaded directly onto your phone or supplied on one of our USB drives.
- Age and Weight Limits : Children under 18 require parental consent to fly. Our weight limits range from 20kg to 130kg.